Talk It Rock It songs come in 5 distinct sets available in either CD format or a flashdrive. The sets can be purchased separately or in combos and include Imitation Exploration Set 1, Rock and Roll with a Language Goal Set 2, Drills for Sounds Set 3, Digo y canto set 4, and Animals Movin' and Groovin' Set 5. Each set comes with a list of objectives, suggested activities, and a complete set of printable pictures used to illustrate each song.
- Our songs are filled with repetition of sounds, words, and phrases. We often repeat words in “chains of three” allowing children to practice sequencing sounds and syllables together – preparing them for phrases and multi-syllable words.
- The words in our songs are slower paced, but have not lost the upbeat flow to keep children interested and attentive.
- Our songs feature adults and kids singing together and taking verbal turns. We often use the phrase, “your turn”, in our songs to increase imitation.
- We create our songs with a progression of sounds, words, and phrases in mind to help children progress from simple to complex. Our songs often contain simple consonant-vowel productions, single words, and simple phrases all within the same song to allow for different skill levels of children in the same group.
- Our sets are all a bit different, focus on different speech and language goals, and vary in complexity.
- Our sets contain visuals that illustrate our songs and a list of suggested activities.
- We always have a speech-language pathologist available to guide you in choosing the right set or sets for your child or classroom.
Set 1 – Imitation Exploration – This set contains 30 songs that focus on developing imitation and interaction in children at the beginning stages of communication. The vocabulary is simple and repetitive and emphasize imitation including vowels, simple words, and phrases. The adult frequently gives the cue, “your turn” to practice the words and phrases of the song.
Set 2 – Rock and Roll with a Language Goal
- This set contains 24 songs that focus on many different speech and language tasks. This set is the most diverse of the sets. The songs focus on producing longer words and phrases to more complex verbal exercises such as understanding and answering questions as in our songs “What Happened” and “What’s That?” It also focuses on commenting, recognizing environmental sounds, and sequencing.
- Many songs in this set are unique to the entire Talk It Rock It collection in that they are derived from favorite rock and roll tunes transformed into fun kids’ songs with kid-friendly lyrics. You will recognize the tunes of such songs as Rock Around the Clock Tonight, Help Me Rhonda, or Stop in the Name of Love, but the lyrics are different.
Set 3 – Drills for Sounds
- Especially beneficial for children with apraxia, articulation disorders, and/or phonological disorders, these simple songs and raps are excellent for any child who has difficulty pronouncing speech sounds to make words. It is higher level than our Set 1, but contains the same verbal imitation practice and invitation of “your turn” to encourage children to practice.
- Many of the songs emphasize a specific speech sound and then blends those sounds in a variety of ways including chains of 3, consonant-vowels, words, and simple phrases. The sounds stressed on these CDs include vowels, h, m, w, t, d, n, k, f, s, sh, ch, y, b, and j. There are other raps in this set that encourage naming, pointing to objects on command, and gross motor imitation featuring our colorful scarves.
Set 4 – Digo y canto- All Spanish songs
- We created this set for the purpose of giving Spanish speaking children, with speech and language delays, practice in their native language. This set is also excellent for teaching Spanish to English speaking children.
- The songs from Digo y canto contain 29 Spanish songs that focus on a variety of speech and language tasks from simple imitation of sounds, words, and phrases to direction-following tasks. The vocabulary emphasizes common Spanish words for young children from toddlers to early elementary age.
Set 5 – Animals Movin’ and Groovin’
- Differing from the other products in our line, Set 5 – Animals Movin’ and Groovin’, contains songs that focus on the sounds and actions of children’s favorite animals, like horses, monkeys and elephants. The songs in this set especially encourage engagement with others through the use of music and also emphasize imitation of sounds, words and motions.
- 12 animal-face posters are included in this set. You can use the posters as they are or cut out the faces and use them to increase eye contact, imitation, turn taking, and engagement with children.