Buried Treasure: A Girl's Guide to Finding Inner Stregnth and Confidence
Naples, FL: Kathleen Hassan, of Kathleen Hassan Communications has developed and launched a new social emotional confidence curriculum for middle school girls.
The social world for girls has become increasingly stressful and more challenging than ever before as they desperately strive to achieve unrealistic standards of perfection and beauty. The rise in peer pressure, competitive conflicts, and unhealthy social media messages are all likely contributors to an epidemic rise in anxiety, mood disorders and low self-esteem.
The Buried Treasure™ curriculum was developed to help girls explore their place in the world, to better experience, express and manage their emotions and to establish positive, healthy relationships with others, and most importantly— with themselves. With a whole new toolkit designed to help girls take back their power, they will no longer sacrifice themselves to the opinion and approval of others.
This course, which is appropriate for Juniors and Cadets in grades 4-8, was created and customized for a weekend retreat for the Girl Scouts of GulfCoast FL and is now being marketed nationwide.
The course objectives provide participants with the skills to:
- Expand resiliency and coping strategies to make safe and healthy choices
- Increase self-esteem and confidence by understanding their own awesome power of choice in any situation
- Integrate the foundational steps on the journey towards self-love and acceptance
- Develop social and emotional skills to handle peer pressure, bullies and their specific social challenges
- Utilize tools to easily navigate the stress of school and day-to-day life
- Discover their personal blueprint to achieve their dreams and goals.
Curriculum components include: facilitator guidebook, facilitator training via webinar, six modules and lesson plans, support and marketing materials, list of supplies and suppliers, participant workbook. Optional opportunity to have Kathleen Hassan present the opening keynote speech to kick off and set the tone for your event, or close the event with how to take the experience back to your life, families and troops. On site, Kathleen will work with your team in pre and post production support to ensure a successful event.
For more information about the Buried Treasure Curriculum, visit her website at www.KathleenHassan.com.