Due to the ease of install and protected electronics, the Sentek Drill & Drop is ideally suited to situations where a monitoring probe may need to be moved between sites in short term and annual crops. Having the electronics completely encapsulated and able to be completely buried also makes the probe suited to long term installations, where machinery will pass often, such as dry land and feed crops. Being able to leave the probe in the ground means long term, uninterrupted data trends and comparison between seasons is possible.
The Drill & Drop probe also covers the issue of data continuity and integrity where the probe does need to be reinstalled. The ingenious tapered probe and matching auger allows direct, slurry-free, installation. This direct installation method means that the probe is measuring ‘real’ representative soil conditions immediately after install, because the surrounding soil has not been disturbed.
- Three probe length options – 24" (2'), 36" (3') and 48” (4')
- Option to measure soil moisture & temperature or moisture & temperature & salinity at every 10cm interval
- Extremely fast and easy Undisturbed Installation due to tapered shape
- Measures the true soil profile, NOT slurry
- Stable potting material
- Able to be buried to any depth
- Sentek-proven quality soil moisture and salinity measurements
- Sentek-designed and owned integrated chip technology
- Soil temperature resolution 0.3%
- Pre-normalised sensors with inbuilt default calibration equation
- Available with data transmission options SDI-12, Sentek SOLO, PLUS, MULTI and Modbus
Watch this video to see a full installation demonstration, and watch this video for an overview of the Drill & Drop probe.