MasterClass: Web Design Tools and Techniques for Print Designers with Jeremy Loyd + Ben Callahan
Tuesday, May 02, 2017: 11:45 AM - 1:15 PM
If you started as a print designer, but need to add user interface and user experience design to your skillset, this MasterClass is for you. Jeremy Loyd and Ben Callahan of Sparkbox will cover how to adapt your print design background to the flexibility required for the medium of the Web. We’ll also share about how specific tools have helped enable our team to get more done with the collaborative mindset we aspire to.
• What’s different/the same about design for web and print?
• Designing with text on the web
• Getting comfortable with raw
• Losing the big reveal
• Defending your UI and UX design decisions/presenting design
• Designer/Developer Pairing
• Thinking Modularly
• Embracing the variable nature of the web
• Breaking down the design vs. developer wall
• Learning basic code skills