Building a Human-Centered Culture
Thursday, May 04, 2017: 10:30 AM - 11:15 AM
Working with people is a messy business. Most of us have learned the hard way that when projects fail it’s typically thanks to politics, egos and misunderstandings. And yet, every experience we create alongside our human clients is intended to make life a little better for a human user.
It’s always about the people.
So how do we create an environment where our people can work alongside other people to create exceptional experiences for the people: our users? It’s this question that this presentation will attempt to answer.
If we want to do better work, we must be better people.
In this session, we’ll talk about how to holistically develop the people on your team, leading to better retention, better work, and happier teammates and clients. We’ll discuss:
• The importance of explicit values for empowering your team to make great decisions
• How your values filter into every aspect of your organization (from benefits and policies to office setup and revenue model)
• The impact of compromise on your culture
• Every individual’s need for constructive feedback
• Developing people who develop people
• The criticality of diversity
• Recognizing your own cognitive and implicit biases and how to fight them
This session is for you if...
• You run a team or an organization
• You want to help improve the culture where you work
• You want to take a more collaborative approach with your customers
• You want to be better at your job