Member Ethics Policy
- All grievances must be put in writing and can be submitted at any time to PRSM.
- Grievances may be filed against a retail or vendor member, including company or individual.
- To be considered a violation against this policy, all complaints do not have to be for the same infraction.
- The three strikes policy will be implemented as follows:
Strike #1: After a formal Grievance Form is filed with the Ethics Committee, Board or Staff, it will be received by the Executive Director (ED). The Staff will contact the violator and review the complaint with the member and ask for an immediate correction. The ED will forward a copy to the Ethics Committee who will review the complaint and recommend the type of response letter to be sent. A certified letter for all violations from the Executive Director to the violator will follow notifying them of the conversation and advise them of a strike one complaint. The PRSM Board is not advised of this complaint as it is considered a minor infraction.
Strike #2: After a second filing of a Grievance Form against the same member company or individual, is received by the Executive Director. The form will be reviewed by the Ethics Committee for consideration. The Ethics Committee will review the complaint and a certified letter is sent to the violator notifying them of the second complaint. The individual member and primary member is notified that if there is another complaint filed and found to be a violation; it will go before the Board of Directors and could lead to the membership being expelled.
Strike #3: A third filing of a Grievance Form against a member company or individual will be received by the Executive Director with a copy to the Ethics Committee. The Ethics Committee will review and recommend punishment/corrective action. Recommendations are submitted to the Board of Directors for approval before punishment is rendered. If the Board agrees, expulsion is effective immediately. The individual member and the primary member are notified immediately by certified letter.
- Membership Dues will not be refunded for any expulsion. Other deposits and advance conference fees will be returned to the former member for a future event.
- Any actions affecting the member will be recorded in the company and individual member’s record.
- Any PRSM members with three or more violations in a given three-year period will be subject to expulsion from the association for one full year (minimum of 12 months).
- Following the one year of dismissal, the former member may petition the Board of Directors for re-admittance to the association membership.