IAAPA Rookies and Newcomers: FEC 101 (Day 3)
- Room: S310CD
- Session Number:RKN
Monday, November 15, 2021: 8:30 AM - 2:00 PM
Join experts in family entertainment center (FEC) management as they share insights and experiences to help individuals develop, plan, and operate an FEC. The program is designed for anyone who wants to become an FEC operator, as well as those looking for advice to help expand their network, strengthen critical thinking skills, and develop problem-solving traits that will help grow their business. The multi-day program will address developing and operating outstanding leisure venues by addressing the following topics:
• Preparing an entertainment venue’s business case through market analysis
• Designing a facility for efficiency and safety
• Establishing a strategy for capital fundraising
• Crafting a compelling guest experience through careful attraction selection
• Understanding the magic behind amusement game operations
• Delivering on the food and beverage promise
• Maximizing the use of technology within the facility operating model
• Marketing & Promotion: Utilizing proven methods to stand out from the crowd
• Building a group and event sales culture that delivers results
• The Legal, Accounting, Governmental, and Insurance Considerations that matter
• Tracking facility performance through budgets and guest response
Saturday, Nov. 13
4-7p.m. Main Event Orlando (9101 International Dr Suite 1032, Orlando, FL, 32819)
Join us for an ice breaking event where you will have the opportunity to meet your fellow attendees and program faculty.
Sunday, Nov. 14
8:30–5:30 p.m. Andretti Indoor Karting & Games (9299 Universal Blvd, Orlando, FL 32819)
5:30–10 p.m. Dinner and EDUTour, Fun Spot America (5700 Fun Spot Way, Orlando, FL 32819) (transportation provided)
Monday, Nov. 15
8:30–12 p.m. Classroom learning, Orange County Convention Center (OCCC)
12–2 p.m. Lunch and Learn, (OCCC)
7:30–9 p.m. FEC Reception, Hyatt Regency Orlando, Plaza International Ballroom R (9801 International Dr., Orlando, FL)
IAAPA CERTIFICATION: 12 credit hours for Rookies and Newcomers program. Participants will also earn credit hours for Lunch and Learn and EDUTour at Fun Spot.
TRANSPORTATION: Transportation is provided for the EDUTour to Fun Spot America. Buses depart at 5:30 p.m. from Andretti Indoor Karting & Games. Participants may drive separately; free on-site parking available. If driving separately, plan to arrive at 6 p.m. when doors open. Buses return to the OCCC South Concourse from Fun Spot America beginning at 9 p.m. The final bus departs at 10 p.m
Face coverings are required while riding IAAPA Expo transportation.
FOOD AND BEVERAGE: Includes reception at ice breaking event, lunch at OCCC, dinner at Fun Spot America, Lunch and Learn at OCCC, and FEC reception.
NOTES: Must be 18 years or older to attend, 21 or older to consume beer or wine. Course fee includes: tuition and support materials, welcome reception at Main Event, EDUTour to Fun Spot America on Sunday, reserved seating at Monday's Lunch and Learn event, EXPO registration, and a certificate of attendance.
COST: $600 IAAPA Members; $800 Nonmembers. Tickets should be purchased in advance, as space is limited and may sell out.
SILVER SPONSORS: Moss Distributing; QubicaAMF Bowling Products; Rhode Island Novelty; Sacoa Cashless Systems; Semnox Solutions LLC
Thank you for attending this session! Please help us improve by completing a short evaluation.
Complete an Evaluation