September 27, 2017 (Turkey) - Polin Waterparks is honored to announce that, for the sixth year in a row, it has been honored with multiple European Star Awards. This year, the prizes were bestowed in the categories of "Europe's Best Waterslides" and "Europe's Best Waterparks." Polin received the recognition at this year's Euro Attractions Show (EAS) during a special ceremony on Sept. 25 at the Columbia Theatre in Berlin, Germany. The event took place the evening before the official kick-off of EAS, the largest attractions exhibition in the amusement industry.
With an expansive footprint, the EAS show floor boasts more than 500 exhibiting companies from around the world, representing more than 130 product categories. As the foundation of the EAS, 2017's trade show floor offers attendees the chance to gain a first look at some of the up-and-coming products, services and technologies in the industry.
Park operators and manufacturers were awarded their prizes personally after an independent, international trade jury voted for and ranked the most remarkable attractions, waterslides, rollercoasters and theme parks in Europe. Awardees were recognized for entrepreneurial courage and exceptional innovations within the European theme park industry. The prizes are considered a rare distinction for attraction designers and theme parks, proving their exceptional achievements.
Of particular note regarding this year's event, Polin's innovative King Cobra waterslide earned an award for the fourth time in six years. This year's recognition was as the First Place European Star Award for the "Best Waterslide in Europe" category.
King Cobra's unending accolades
King Cobra has won numerous awards since its debut. The waterslide is unique in its thrilling ride. As a whole, however, it is considered a game-changing waterslide because of its compelling appearance; it is the first in the world that offers its own theming built directly into the fiberglass. When installed with its original theme, it features bold red, black and white scales that create an imposing veneer over both its exterior and interior. Its sheer size also gains respect: It reaches a massive height of 50 feet (15.24 meters) with a length of 260 feet (790 meters). Yet, parks have many options with the impressive slide, because it can also be designed to match a park's own theming, being customized with unending variations.
In total, Polin achieves seven awards
Polin's awards didn't end with its accolades for King Cobra, however. Polin also was honored with seven additional awards in partnership with waterparks that feature its waterslides. Polin gave kudos to these parks in providing them with the perfect facilities in which to showcase its waterslides.
"We truly owe a debt of gratitude to the park owners who put their faith in us to deliver waterslides that create such dedicated fans - fans who come back over and over to be able to experience our rides," said Sohret Pakis, Director of Marketing and Communications for Polin, who was on hand to accept the award. "We rely on our partners to help us continually innovate our products to meet their and their guests' highest expectations. We congratulate them all and all the winners."
The partners who were recognized alongside Polin Waterparks and received awards were:
- Aqualand Frejus in France for First Place in "Europe's Best Water Slides" for Polin's King Cobra. Aqualand Frejus was the first park in France at which a King Cobra was installed. Other Aqualand facilities at which Polin has installed attractions are Aqualand Cap d'Agde, Aqualand St. Cyprien, Aqualand St. Cyr Sur Mer and Aqualand Bassin d'Arcachon.
- Surf Safari at Rixos Premium, Tekirova, Antalya, Turkey, for 10th Place in "Europe's Best Waterslides." The park also features several other Polin attractions: a Looping Rocket, Spheres and a giant waterplay structure. Polin's Surf Safari Waterslide received the "Best of Las Vegas'" Award in 2015. (Please see the video for additional information.)
- Space Race at Oasis Waterpark, Izmir, Turkey, for Fourth Place in "Europe's Best Waterslides." This first-of-a-kind slide only recently opened in Turkey. Guests thrill as they compete with other teams in a race around a giant bowl, swirling opposite directions on identical routes. Teams are able to watch their competition over Polin's patent-pending dividers so each team can get every available advantage to gain a winning edge. The competition is fierce up until the last second as each team exits the bowl and shoots in opposite directions to the finish for an utterly exhilarating experience. Also Polin's signature waterslide Space Race received an IAAPA Brass Ring Award in the category of Class A Water Park Ride/Attractions in 2016 and Most Valuable Product for 2016 by Aquatics International magazine. (Please see the video for additional information.)
- Aqua Fantasy in Izmir, Turkey, for Fifth Place in "Europe's Best Water Parks" and Eighth Place for "Europe's Best Water Slides" for Polin's Super Combo. Aqua Fantasy has the special honor of launching one of Polin's newest signature attractions: its first Sphere, another innovative product that is gaining growing popularity. (Please see the video for additional information.)
- Istralandia in Croatia for Fifth Place in "Europe's Best Water Parks." Istralandia was the first waterpark ever built in Croatia. The park expanded this past year and added two new waterslides designed by Polin. (Please see the video for additional information.)
- The Land of Legends in Antalya, Turkey, for Eighth Place in "Europe's Best Waterparks." The entertainment facility features a long and varied list of attractions - from a five-star hotel to a dolphinarium, a wildlife park and a very promising waterpark. The waterpark section of the project is called "Legends of Aqua." (Please see the video for additional information.)
After the awards ceremony, Pakis reiterated the company's thankfulness for being recognized with so many distinctions. "We are very honored to receive these awards. We are especially grateful to the parks who were also winners; they have been such great partners to us as we develop our products. And we extend our congratulations to all of the other winners during the evening. We take great pride in being among them."
Pakis invited attendees to visit the Polin Waterparks booth (#18-418 in Hall 18) at the show to view information about the waterpark attractions that garnered the company its honors. "We want to share our gratitude for these incredible honors with all of our friends and partners," Pakis said. "We hope everyone can take a moment to stop by our booth and say hello."
About European Star Award
Since 2012, the European Star Award has been bestowed on the eve of the Euro Attractions Show, and has established itself as the most important award in the European theme park industry in a very short time. The international jury of experts were able to vote in 13 categories for parks and attractions within Europe (including Russia and Turkey)
Please click to download high-resolution of the photos
Image 1 (King Cobra at Aqualand Frejus, France)
Image 2 (Super Combo at Aquafantasy, Izmir, Turkey)
Image 3 (Space Race at Oasis, Cesme, Izmir, Turkey)
Image 4 (Surf Safari at Rixos Premium Tekirova, Antalya, Turkey)
Image 5 (The Land of Legends, Antalya, Turkey)
Image 6 (Istralandia, Istria, Croatia)
Image 7 (Award Ceremony)
More on Polin Waterparks
Polin was founded in Istanbul in 1976 and has since grown into a leading company in the waterparks industry. Today Polin is a world leader in the design, production and installation of waterparks, waterslides &and water-play attractions. Polin has completed 3,000 waterpark projects in 103 countries around the world and is the biggest waterslide supplier in Eurasia. Working with a wide variety of clients has helped Polin reach several milestones including installing the first waterparks in many countries and many other award-winning rides at parks with world-renowned reputations.
For more info, visit www.polin.com.tr or contact Sohret Pakis at +90 262 656 64 67 or email@example.com.