The EPA recommends the use of tacky mats to help comply with its Lead Renovation, Repair and Painting Rule (RRP Rule), which requires that renovation firms use precautions to ensure that all personnel, tools, and other items are free of dust and debris before leaving the work area.
According to the EPA Inspection Manual for the RRP Rule, "tacky mats may be put down immediately adjacent to the plastic sheeting covering the work area floor to remove dust and debris from the bottom of the workers' shoes as they leave the work area."
Each ZipWall Mat Starter Kit features a durable, reusable, non-skid base that prevents shifting and sliding and includes a pad of 30 adhesive sheets. (Base dimensions: 25"×37"; mat dimensions: 24"×36"). Also new from ZipWall is a 4-Pack tacky mat refill that includes four pads of 24"×36" clear adhesive sheets for use with the ZipWall Mat base.
ZipWall Mats Key Features:
- Prevent tracking dust in and out of the work area
- Adhesive surface captures dust from shoe soles, casters and wheels on contact
- Surface area long enough for two steps
- Reusable non-skid base prevents shifting and sliding
- Individually tabbed and numbered sheets are ready to use – simply peel away the top sheet to expose a new surface
"ZipWall Mats are a great addition to the comprehensive ZipWall Dust Barrier System," said Jeff Whittemore, founder and president of ZipWall. "This fits with our mission to offer products that simplify the task of keeping dust under control on the jobsite."
To learn more about ZipWall Mats, visit zipwall.com/mat.
Visit zipwall.com to learn about all ZipWall Dust Barrier products.