Island Radar, A Wavetronix Company
Island Radar - Lose the Loops
Island Radar Company is the acknowledged leader in radar-based vehicle and train detection for the railroad industry, providing innovative and proven solutions including:
- Radar-based vehicle detection for four quad gate crossing warning systems operating in Dynamic Exit Gate Operating Mode.
- Vehicle detection for obstructed crossing detection.
- Train detection in rail crossing (diamond) dead sections.
- Train detection in yard applications for switch fouling protection and accurate car location.
- Video-enhanced remote monitoring and wireless remote control.
Radar provides higher reliability, lower life-cycle cost, longer operational life, and improved worker safety, as well as avoiding the cost and operational disruptions associated with loop-based detection. By utilizing multiple radar sensors operating with 100% redundancy, full time cross-checking and radar correspondence verification assures a level of detection reliability unavailable in any other form of detection technology. Systems can be installed in less than one day and integrated with any make or model of crossing controller or signaling system.
Brands: Island Radar, Wavetronix, SmartSensor-Rail