The Butterfly Lift is an intuitive manual counterweight flying system for human payloads up to 350 lbs or non-human payloads up to 500 lbs. in weight. With a Butterfly Lift you can:
- Swiftly lower a payload line to a stage.
- Attach a load or performer on the payload line.
- Raise/lower the load or performer with minimal manual effort.
- Smoothly fly the load or performer at variable speeds perfect for live performance. Max speed varies with operator technique and strength but speeds of 6 fps (feet per second) to 8 fps are typical.
- Land the load or dismount the performer from the apparatus while retaining control of the counterweight via a foot-operated locking system.
- Immediately retract the payload line from view.
The unique counterweight arbor system contained within the Butterfly Lift case is fully adjustable to match the weight of the performer(s). The combination of the counterweight and the 2.1 mechanical advantage amplifies the input force from the operator and reduces the effort required by the operator to fly a performer.
The adjustable arbor can accommodate traditional stage weights as well as improvised ballast such as concrete or sand bags.