Welcome - Association for Child and Adolescent Counseling!
Goals of ACAC
- Promote a greater awareness, advocacy, and understanding of children and adolescents among members of the counseling profession and related helping fields.
- Advance developmentally appropriate prevention and intervention strategies for counseling children and adolescents.
- Support counseling and education with parents of children and adolescents.
- Foster counselor consultation with caretakers and other professionals who are involved in the lives of children and adolescents.
- Provide professional development activities to improve education and training of counselors who work with children and
- Disseminate educational and professional materials with the purpose of raising the standards of practice for children and adolescents in counseling, psychotherapy, and mental health.
- Encourage involvement and communication of ACAC members to share knowledge and support for improvement of mental health services to children and adolescents.