Mr. Doug Glenn is serving as the CFO at the OPM where he provides expertise on all issues involving the amended Chief Financial Officers Act of 1990 (CFO Act) and related financial management and budget reforms. His portfolio includes budget, finance, audit performance, policy, reporting, and operations. His primary goals at OPM include financial excellence and maximizing the Office of the Chief Financial Officer’s value.
Formerly, Mr. Glenn was the DCFO at the Departments of Defense and Interior as well as the General Services Administration, Finance Director at the National Aeronautics and Space Administration and Census Bureau. His proudest career accomplishments include:
• Implementing internal and monitoring controls that lead to two Departmental material weakness reductions at DoD;
• Launching the Identity Control and Access Management initiative at DoD for improved National Security and further material weakness reductions;
• Removing all material weaknesses at the Department of Interior;
• Reducing GSA’s significant deficiencies from six to two;
• Achieving the second best audit and internal control report of all CFO Act agencies;
• Filing a Performance and Accountability Report in record time (six days early);
• Presenting to the Federal Accounting Standards Advisory Board on the future of federal financial reporting;
• Achieving a green rating at GSA for the President’s Management Agenda for financial performance, improving from red when he started; and
• Raising awareness of the value that the Government financial industry provides every day.