Session 28 - Clinical Innovation and Digital Transformation - What Do I Need to Know?
Wednesday, September 16, 2020: 11:15 AM - 12:00 PM
/ CEU Credits:0.2
SESSION CHAIRS & SPEAKERS
Clinical research organizations are deploying a variety of digital health technologies to improve operational efficiency and to embark on new business models including the use of patient-centric trials, digital or decentralized trials, and various eSource initiatives. Digital transformation includes the use of:
- Telemedicine to support decentralized trials.
- Digital health devices and wearables.
- The expanded use of eCOA to capture patient data.
- Advanced analytics and central monitoring tools.
This panel discussion will focus on the changing role of the clinical data manager. Panelists will assume the roles of the patient, the site, and the data manager.
Attendees will have an opportunity to learn and discuss topics such as:
- How will we ensure data quality, timeliness, and clinical integrity in the new age of digital transformation?
- What are the challenges and what are the opportunities?
1. Understand the key drivers and opportunities for modernizing the clinical trial business model
2. Understand the four pillars of digital transformation, and how they can be applied to clinical research
3. Understand the benefits and challenges of running decentralized (virtual) clinical trials
4. Understand the challenges of using digital health devices and discuss how we can mitigate risk
CDM Certification Competencies::
Electronic Data Collection,Clinical Trials Processes, Roles, and Responsibilities,Processing External Data
Clinical Data Manager,Clinical Operations,Study Coordinator