Wolfmet world leaders in tungsten shielding and collimators!
Wolfmet Tungsten Reduces Radiation Dose Rates
For 50 years Wolfmet has been the leader in tungsten radiation protection. Renowned for custom-made tungsten shielding, Wolfmet is used in applications such as syringe and vial shields, FDG transport pigs and radionuclide generators. In addition, due to the arrival of multi-modal MRI, we offer MRI-compatible tungsten shielding.
Key to Wolfmet’s popularity is its high density; it’s more than 60% denser than lead, providing superior attenuation characteristics for x-ray and gamma radiation. We also specialize in working with clients to produce tailor-made shielding.
- Easy to clean & sterilize
- Lighter & thinner shielding with same protection as lead
- Clean to handle: no protective paint required
- Environmentally stable, non-toxic & inert (RoHS compliant)
- Lightweight & unbreakable
Wolfmet 3D allows us to 3D print tungsten parts. This facilitates the design of complex tungsten collimators (e.g. slit-slat, lofthole) providing improved quality of image.
Wolfmet 3D - The Benefits
- Reduced septal penetration
- Compatible with SPECT/MRI scanners
- Improved imaging quality
- No tooling costs for new designs
- Rapid production of prototypes
Wolfmet is a product of M&I Materials - a leading manufacturer of specialist materials for demanding applications.
Brands: We manufacture Wolfmet Tungsten Alloys and can 3D print pure tungsten using Wolfmet 3D.