RUBY-FILL is a closed system used to produce rubidium Rb 82 chloride injection for intravenous use. Rubidium Rb 82 chloride injection is a radioactive diagnostic agent indicated for Positron Emission Tomography (PET) imaging of the myocardium under rest or pharmacologic stress conditions to evaluate regional myocardial perfusion in adult patients with suspected or existing coronary artery disease. www.RUBYFILL.COM
WARNING: UNINTENDED STRONTIUM 82 (Sr 82) AND STRONTIUM 85 (Sr 85) RADIATION EXPOSURE
Please see full prescribing information for complete boxed warning
- Unintended radiation exposure occurs when the levels of Sr 82 or Sr 85 in the rubidium Rb 82 chloride injection exceed specific limits.
- Perform generator eluate tests:
1) Determine Rb 82, Sr 82, Sr 85 levels in the eluate:
- Once daily, prior to any drug administration, and
- With additional daily tests after detection of an Alert Limit.
2) Stop use of the generator at its Expiration Limit.